People often use the word divine as a descriptor. “The Divine Miss M (bette midler); This cake is divine. The word suggests finding a little bit of heaven on earth. What do you imagine heaven is like?
I imagine Heaven as a place where we feel safe and unconditionally loved. A place where there are no problems. Where we can choose to enjoy doing something we feel passionate about in every moment. Where the food is delicious and the singing is other worldly. Where everything you desire is available instantly. A place where you are reunited with loving family and friends and can meet renowned souls you admire and make new like minded friends. A place where you can learn how to be more highly conscious and be divine.
This is how I describe being Divine on the home page of my Divine You website.
"Divinity is knowing deep in your core that everything in your life is in perfect divine order ... purposeful, free of struggle, and leading you to the next level of the divine you. You have a sense of deep peace and joy that wells up from within no matter what's going on around you. It's a sense of certainty because you're so connected with 'All That Is' that Life can't be anything but absolutely amazing!"
Get to Know Your Authentic Divine Self
Since you create your reality,you can create your divine life – your heaven on earth. Get to know your authentic Divine Self and identify what’s right for you. One way to do that is also described as divining.
The word Divine can also be used as a verb -
'to discover by intuition or insight or to infer something' as in “to divine the truth”.
Listening to and trusting your intuitive small still voice is an important aspect of getting to know your Divine Self and what’s your greatest good. You may hear a voice, or have a sense. You may get tingles in your spine, or goosebumps. You may get a gut feeling or knowing.
There is lots of information available on the web about learning to tap into your intuition. I find Sonia Choquette is a great teacher, and she occasionally has free offerings. But if you google intuition you may synchronistically find the information you need. Check your intuition and sense what’s right for you.
Little Known Techniques to Try When Your Intuition is Unclear
I’m going to share two little known ways of checking in if you’re not sure what your intuition is telling you in just a few moments. They can be used to determine whether to make a significant life choice, or for something as simple as selecting the best food choice at the grocery store or the best present for a friend. You can also use them if you just can’t make a decision. I taught them to my customers at the metaphysical bookstore I used to work in when they asked me for my opinion. I could have used my intuition or kinaesthetically tested them for which was best, but I wanted them to learn how to develop their own 6th sense.
But first, if you are unsure what your intuition is trying to communicate, you may find it helps to check in with what your gut feeling is. You often have a sense of what the answer is but you’re your mind is preventing you from recognizing it. Or, depending on the subject you may be picking up cues from your environment that you may not consciously be aware of. When I was working as a hospital nurse, for example, I would often have a sense that a client was declining before any obvious symptoms appeared. This awareness is commonly reported by medical professionals. Carolyn Myss, a medical intuitive who had no medical training was consulted by one doctor when he had a sense that something was wrong with his patients but tests showed nothing. When I worked in public health, I would start frequently thinking about a client at unexpected times and when I contacted them they would be in a crisis, needing my assistance. It’s important that you listen to your feelings and messages and follow thru. In that way you will come to trust them.
Your body often holds clues. Discern whether your heart is racing and you have butterflies because you have an exciting opportunity rather than being anxious. Ask your intuition. But if the answer isn’t clear, try one of these tools.
The first is a way of using your body as a divination tool – a pendulum of sorts.
- Make sure you are well hydrated. If you haven’t had a glass of water recently, drink some now.
- Take a deep breath and set an intention to release any preconceived notions.
- Ensure you are in the highest frequency by imagining something that makes you feel bliss or extreme gratitude.
- Become the observer, watching yourself so you don’t have any attachment to the answers you receive.
- Stand comfortably relaxed, so your body can sway easily in any direction. a. Ask your body to show you ‘Yes’ and let it move. Most often it will lean forward, but each person is unique so it may go back, or to one side. b. Ask your body to show you ‘No’ and let it move c. Ask your body to show you ‘doesn’t matter’, or ‘uncertain’
- Now ask the question you want to discover the answer to in a yes or no form. You may want to ask it with the caveat “Is it in my greatest and highest good to …….”. If you are selecting something you may want to hold on to it our touch it. Allow your body to move and interpret the results according to #5.
- Listen and trust. Don’t keep asking to double check.
The second tool is quick and fun and you can practice it to help you tune into your gut. Ask your intuition to clarify itself by providing the answer as you Flip a coin! That’s right. But the catch is noticing how you feel when you get the answer.
- Establish what heads is…. For example if you want to purchase something but are unsure which one say heads is for choice (a) and tails is choice (b). Or heads is yes and tails is no.
- When you see the result - quick…. Are you feeling disappointed or relieved. A sense of NO*** or YES!!! Notice where you sense that feeling in your body. That’s your ‘gut feeling’. That’s the place to check your intuition. And that’s the answer to go with. Not what heads or tails tell you.
As your intuition strengthens you will no longer need to use either of these tools. You will be able to hear or sense and most importantly trust the answers more definitively. But you might still play with these tools from time to time…. Just for the fun of it.
The readers and I would be so interested to hear what you experience when you try these tools. Share below or on the Facebook page comments. Until next time….. Live Divinely.