How flexible and spontaneous are you? Do you need to be in control of most moments of your life? Or are you able to go with the flow of what comes and enjoy with pleasure, eagerly anticipating in every moment?
When I ask this last question, it begs reflection on my belief of the importance of living in the moment. Living in the past even if it was great,drains energy and prevents you from living a high vibing life now! But in truth, I do advise people to spend time in the morning setting intentions and visualizing their preferred day. And although I live more and more in joy, choosing whats fun and enlivening in each moment, I must confess, I do salivate at the thought of whats even more coming up. It keeps my juices flowing and my cells bopping.
I guess the difference between this and spending time in the future, is that I am letting go of rigid control of making it happen my way. I am not so focused on how its going to happen that I miss whats happening now. I know generally that I want a meeting to be easy and effortless and a super creative experience for all, with outcomes that surpass anything than we could ever imagine. Then I let go and let it unfold, divinely. And so it does.
If you would like to let go of some of the control in your life, here's a fun easy way to start.
- Take yourself on a date to the nearest dollar store or if you are a stationary store aficionado like moi, get thyself to a Staples.
- Purchase a mega size box of crayons, and a pad of unlined paper, or colouring book. Alternately, you can go online and google colouring pages to get some adorable ones.
- Set aside a half hour and colour. Set the intention to really get into this and use all your senses, Feel the wax, Smell the crayons, Imagine (or remember) the taste. Listen to the sound of your colouring, Notice how heavily or softly you are pressing.
NOW, get a little wild and let go of control: Notice whether you feel comfortable or maybe a bit tense, as you try these
- Start by selecting colours that would not normally be appropriate for the picture you are colouring.
- Pretend you have never held a crayon, pen, pencil etc. Hold the crayon in your fist, and move your whole forearm - keep your wrist stiff.
- Now, loosen your arm and feel the flow and just colour on the side of the page where there is no picture. Use many colours, let your wild 'artiste' take over
- Take a deep breath and deliberately colour outside the lines. If you hear your inner voices chiding you, tell them: "It's ok, I am just experimenting". It doesn't mean you are letting go of control of your life! Relax, feel the freedom.
If this activity is easy, then congratulations. If you are a bit tense, turn on some dance music, take a plain piece of paper and scribble, until you feel the walls around your perfectionist being crack, you relax and actually feel free and exhilarated. Yee Ha!
What tips or new perspectives can you share that have helped you go with the flow in creating your preferred life? Share them on my DivineYou facebook page