It’s the start of Canada’s Thanksgiving Weekend.
Of course that brings reflections on the word thanksgiving. Giving thanks, the cycle of giving and receiving, and extreme gratitude which is among the highest frequency emotions humans can feel, akin to unconditional love according to Dr. David Hawkins.
I am grateful that I was invited to a wonderful celebration this week giving thanks to caregivers who are fostering children with first nation’s heritage. I accompanied my friend, and her teenage grandson, 5 year old granddaughter and 23 month old twin granddaughters to a nearby longhouse, warmed by two big open fires. You can only imagine the delight and fun I had helping her as the twins toddled around. The children aged 23 month to 15 years and caregivers who accompanied them were draped with white blankets pinned over their shoulders and red headbands to signify strength of mind and remembrance of their roots. The children with wonder on their faces, entered in ceremony thru a human womb- tunnel of button caped drummers and chanters.
It was heart stirring to hear the elder who spoke his thanks to the caregivers and told the children how they would remember this moment which would serve as a reminder to ask questions about their traditions and culture. We all received the blankets and headbands as gifts as he told us about giving of material things which were not important to accumulate but were for offering because the gifts came from the heart with love.
The Cycle of Giving and Receiving.
As a Divine One, Being Human how do you do with giving and receiving?
I’m sure you are aware that in the process of giving and receiving, energy flows. If either part of the process is compromised then the flow stops.
Giving is often joyous and easy for people on their higher conscious path. It is exciting to anticipate the pleasure that someone will experience from our gifts whether material or actions such as spending time with someone, really listening, seeing them in their greatness. We experience heart and field expanding zings as we give from our high vibeing selves. The folks at heart math have demonstrated we align in coherence (thus reconnecting with our divine nature) when feeling gratitude.
Deep Gratitude has been calibrated at about 500 on Dr. David Hawkins Consciousness scale, one of the higher conscious frequencies when we expand outside ourselves. It is easier to access for many people than unconditional love, rapture or bliss. Abraham, as channeled by Esther Hicks also speaks of gratitude as an integral part of higher conscious living. It enhances the ability to actualize the divine life you desire by triggering neurochemical cocktails that put you into flow and align you with the Allness That IS.
Gracious Receiving may have been a bit more challenging for those on the Divine Path to master, since many people were raised with the collective conscious meme that it is better to give than receive. In my experience energy workers often resist generous heartfelt offers for something as simple as buying their coffee.
Another belief that has limited some people still new to their path is that doing something without assistance will make us stronger. At this moment, I hear the question. Why do we need to be strong? That can be so isolating. Since we choose our experiences, and know life isn’t about struggle, its ok to let others in and be vulnerable.
If we experience excitement, anticipation, expansion, energyZings and coherence in giving, then who are we to deny others those pleasures by not receiving their gifts.
How Can You incorporate Gratitude Into Your Divine Life
- When you want to ensure you are in the highest higher conscious frequencies, try connecting to the feeling of extreme gratitude instead of bliss as I usually recommend.
- Think of, or create a situation when you felt/feel hugely abundant and how fulfilled and grateful you were/are. It may be something as simple as standing outside, feeling the warm sun, pleasant breeze, smelling the earth, and seeing the spectacular colours of nature. Connect with the sentient beings in the sun, breeze, earth, trees, plants, birds, animals, rocks, and every thing around you.
- Be enchanted and grateful you’re alive. Expand that feeling until you think you might burst with thanksgiving.
- Now let go of the thoughts and just feel. Ask your cells to remember this feeling so you can access it at anytime
- Connect with your Divine Self and Source by accessing the feeling of extreme gratefulness of just BEing as you experience your Oneness with all the unique ways the Creator expresses itself in the Omniverse.
- Take a few minutes to relax, breathe and focus on what you wish to give thanks for. What do you appreciate in your life? You may want make this a daily practice and start a gratitude journal, or do create a digital on line document cutting and pasting photos that appeal to you and writing quick gratitudes. If daily practice seems too much just commit to 30 days of gratitude.
- Try the heart math quick coherence process where you focus on breathing slowly and deeply thru your heart centre, then activate a high frequency emotion such as gratitude for 30-60 seconds. Click on the link to listen to a guided process and read the easy to follow directions. Notice how you are subsequently in the easy and effortless flow and how synchronous events pop into your life
- I’d love it if you share how you learned to receive, and your insights and ah ha’s about receiving on the Divine U facebook page. If you have always naturally been great at receiving, I’d love to learn your story.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. If you aren’t Canadian I’m conferring honorary Divine Canadian status on you now! :0