The Taoist scholar Stephen Mitchell describes it in this way:
"This is speaking about the purest and most effective form of action. For example, a good athlete can enter a state of body awareness in which the right movement happens by itself, without any interference of the conscious will. The game plays the game, the poem writes the poem, we can't tell the dancer from the dance."
- How Can You Immerse Yourself in the Still Point?
To get to that still point you don't have to be an expert in meditation. It does help if you can still your monkey chatter. But you can find the still point thru getting into a trance like state with self hypnosis or by being so focused that you are "in the zone"
Remember a time when you were in the Zone and ask your cell memory to recreate it. Focus on that moment and intend to become pure consciousness, where no thing, no time or space exists.
- You can also try this by looking at the centre of the circle of bodies in the picture above. Breathe deeply and know yourself to be hovering above the scene. Focus on the grass and imagine yourself diving in and becoming that circle.
- Ask to be shown the still point and the infinite in all things.
- Get " in touch with a silent, guiding force [of your Divine Self] in its wisdom, support and sustaining capacity. To relax into the flow of the Tao in its unfoldment is to experience being 'at home in life.' ." --Ma Padma
- Allow your Divine Self to tell or show you the infinite possibilities and perhaps the best next steps
Do you have a favorite way to find your still point?
What experiences and insights did you get when your went there? What was the infinite like?
Please share on the Divine You Facebook page if you feel comfortable
If you would like some help getting into a non ordinary state to experience the still point, try discovering the infinite thru guided visualizations. Go to my Beyond the Infinite Doorway website and listen to an energyZing. Pause the recording when I give time to experience an aspect and ask your Divine Self to take you to the still point.
I record and post the energyZings monthly or more often. There are many stored Zings to choose from.
Until Next time Enjoy BEing Divine.